Eligibility Criteria for Mexico Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Mexico tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 3 months
- You must have a copy of the completed visa application form
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Mexico and for your return transportation. Mexico requires visitors to have USD 50 (INR 3,169.22) per day for staying in Mexico
- You must provide a copy of your round-trip or tour ticket
- You must provide a formal statement of your financial situation from your bank for the previous 6 months
- You must show proof of having permanent residence in the country where your application is being made
- You intend to leave Mexico at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to follow to apply for Mexico Tourist Visa
Before you apply for a tourist visa to Mexico you must be aware of the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form
Obtain the visa application form from the Mexico Consulate in your country or you can download the Visa Application Form through the internet.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the visa application form carefully. Remember to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a check list of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old. You will need to submit two copies of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Check the visa application fee
Check the fees required for your visa application. Keep the fee ready for submission along with your visa application form. Remember to check the mode of payment accepted for the visa application by the Mexico Consulate located in your home country.
Step 6: Submit your visa application form
Submit your completed visa application form in person at the Mexico Consulate nearest to you, along with all the required documentation.
Step 7: Pay required visa application fee
Pay the applicable fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued, you will get an appointment to obtain your visa. Collect your visa on time.